Request Registration Code

Terms of Service

All messages posted at this site express the views of the author, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the owners and administrators of this site.

By registering at this site you agree not to post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or that violate any laws. We will permanently ban all users who do so.

We reserve the right to remove, edit, or move any messages for any reason.

  I agree to the terms of service


The Cryonics Institute’s 95th Patient

Friday, 5 June 2009 by System Administrator

The 95th patient of the Cryonics Institute (CI) is Curtis Henderson, an 82-year-old cryonics pioneer who was one of the 1965 founders of the Cryonics Society of New York. Historical details about Curtis can be found in a Wikipedia biography about him that I created. I have known Curtis for about 20 years. Curtis was among those who left Alcor to join CryoCare, and even in the 1990s I was worried about the quality of cryopreservation he would receive.

The Cryonics Institute’s 93rd Patient

Sunday, 24 May 2009 by System Administrator

The Cryonics Institute's 93rd patient is a 43-year-old man who had legally changed his name in 2002 to William Constitution O'Rights (Bill O'Rights, name at birth: Billie Joe Bonsall). He described himself as an "extreme libertarian". He lived in the State of Maine and both of his parents had been born in Maine. Bill joined the Cryonics Institute (CI) in June 2000, but delayed making cryopreservation arrangements because he wanted to thoroughly analyze the contracts. He eventually completed his CI paperwork in July 2008.

The Cryonics Institute’s 92nd Patient: By Ben Best

Friday, 24 April 2009 by System Administrator

Shortly after 6:30am Eastern Time (3:30am California time) I received a call that the patient had deanimated. I had instructed that ice be packed around the patient's head — preferably sticking the patient's head in bag filled with ice. The hospice nurse told me that this was emotionally difficult for the patient's family to deal with. I told her to pack ice around the head in the best way that she could. I asked the CI funeral director to inform his Inman funeral director to pick up the patient. The nurse and the patient's wife phone several times asking when the funeral director would arrive. It seemed more like two hours than one hour before the funeral director arrived.