Request Registration Code

Terms of Service

All messages posted at this site express the views of the author, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the owners and administrators of this site.

By registering at this site you agree not to post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or that violate any laws. We will permanently ban all users who do so.

We reserve the right to remove, edit, or move any messages for any reason.

  I agree to the terms of service


The Cryonics Institute’s 122nd Patient

Monday, 2 June 2014 by System Administrator

The Cryonics Institute’s 118th Patient

Wednesday, 16 April 2014 by System Administrator

Cryonics Institute Case Report for Patient Number 118

CI patient #118 was a 50 year old male who died at home, due to cancer, in Nova Scotia, Canada on August 28th, 2013.  The patient was a CI member at the time of his death and was under hospice care.

The next of kin had contracted with a local funeral director to provide initial cooling and transport services.  The next of kin arranged for CI to send an insulated Ziegler shipping container to the local funeral director.  The patient died sometime between 2am and 6:30 am on the 28th.  Heparin was not administered by the funeral director because the death was not observed and too much time had passed.  The patient was packed in water ice and flown to Toronto.  A funeral director from Toronto then drove the patient to the CI facility.  The patient arrived at the CI facility at 1:45am on the 29th,  less than 24 hours after the death of the patient.

The Cryonics Institute’s 117th Patient

Monday, 31 March 2014 by System Administrator

Cryonics Institute Case Report for Patient Number 117

CI patient number 117 is Sylvia Ann Sinclair.  Permission to make public the name of this patient was granted by the patient’s husband, Alan Sinclair.  Sylvia Sinclair was received at CI on May 21st, 2013.  She was 66 years old when she died.  When Mrs. Sinclair was received by CI, she had already been perfused with CI’s vitrification solution and cooled in dry ice by Cryonics-UK team members and their cooperating funeral directors.  Upon arrival at CI she was further cooled in the computer controlled cooling chamber to liquid nitrogen temperature over a period of five and a half days and then placed in a cryostat for long-term cryonic storage.  Below is a case report that was written by Cryonics-UK team member Mike Carter and is being shared with his permission.